Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

South African Singer Mshoza trying to turn "white"

Like Vybz Kartel she hates her skin colour she is  born with

she survived a suicide attempt

Link


She appears to be doing a “Michael Jackson” – lightening her skin and surgically altering her appearance – but kwaito musician Mshoza is determined to make her mark on life.
“Calm down!” she says to naysayers after widespread reaction to her latest skin-bleaching venture.
Unperturbed by derogatory statements and jokes on social networking sites, Mshoza (also known as Nomasonto Mnisi) yesterday said she worked hard to afford the life she now leads.
“Thirteen years ago, while other girls wore heels, I opted for takkies and Kangol hats, all in the name of making it big in the music industry. Nobody said anything then.
“Before my fame I went to bed without eating but made up for it through hard work. I don’t understand why people now have a problem with me using my money to do whatever I want. It’s my life.
“Perhaps they should start living a little instead of eating a bowl of negativity all the time,” she said. 

According to the singer, who has already spent hundreds of thousands on rhinoplasty (her nose), breast augmentation and a tummy tuck, her look, which is set to cost her millions, is only the beginning of a lengthy and complicated process.
“I’m consulting three dermatologists. They have completed the first phase. I don’t really look pale at the moment. But yes, when everything is said and done I will look like a white person. From head to toe. I might also have to redo the rhinoplasty to fit my new skin. But this doesn’t mean I’ll start singing pop music or act differently.
“I’ll still be the same person my fans know.”
The singer, popularly known for her song Kortez, said she was unable to say when the surgery would be completed.
She poured cold water on suggestions that she was emulating pop icon Michael Jackson.
“My nose definitely won’t fall off, nor will I have to hide certain parts of my face and body for the rest of my life. That’s why we’re taking time on this.
“Michael Jackson did the entire thing on his terms and I’m doing it on my terms. So people should stop holding up umbrellas when they see me. I won’t melt,” she said.
The mother of two revealed that the reasons behind her skin colour changes were a sore subject for her.
“In the past I had to use heavy make-up to hide the blotches on my face. I’ve always had skin problems and it somehow lowered my confidence. At least now I can do something about it.”
Asked if she was unhappy with the way she had been born, a confident Mshoza replied: “I don’t have a problem with the way God created me. In fact I love him. I pray all the time.
“I’m just doing what I love. The same people who are criticising me for doing this have fake hair, nails and lashes.
“I’ve received many calls from people saying they wanted to do the same thing.”
Mshoza said her husband was supportive and that her children were not bothered by her new look.
“Perhaps they’ll start asking questions when they’re much older. I’ll just tell them that we are not white and that mommy only wanted a fair skin. They can do the same when they are older. If they want to.”
Meanwhile, some Twitter users have gone as far as to say Mshoza was recruiting white masses for the Democratic Alliance among other remarks about the kwaito queen’s new looks.
But Mshoza said she and her business tycoon husband, Jacob Mnisi, shrugged it off.
“We read all these comments when we’re together and laugh about them. They all sound ridiculous.
“He’s happy and I’m happy about the changes. That is all that matters,” she said. 








No comments:

Post a Comment